In this article, we have Provided UPSC Syllabus PDF for IAS Exam 2019 in detail. The provided IAS syllabus 2019 will be much help for the IAS aspirants preparing for IAS Exam 2019.
IAS Syllabus 2019 is determined by the significance of the subject for the IAS Exam. IAS Syllabus 2019 can direct the IAS Preparation for the UPSC Civil Services(IAS) Prelims Exam 2019. IAS Prelims is the first phase of the UPSC IAS Exam. There’s a common saying that the IAS Syllabus constitutes everything under the Sun including Sun and outer galaxies. However, the truth is that the IAS Syllabus can restrict the horizontal and vertical expansion of the IAS Preparation for the IAS Exam.
UPSC Syllabus PDF
The candidates should download the UPSC Syllabus PDF and glued it On the analysis desk so that it can direct the focus of the IAS preparation. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) informs the IAS Syllabus in its official notification of Civil Services Notification Every Year.
The UPSC syllabus for prelims and UPSC syllabus for Main Exam are different but we could say the UPSC Main Syllabus is a mammoth growth of the UPSC Prelims Syllabus. IAS Prelims Syllabus is given in a really brief form from the UPSC Notification but in fact, it’s a huge collection of detailed topics of different topics.
Why it is Important to know details about UPSC syllabus?
Sets the focus of the research of each and every facet of the IAS Exam. The candidates should read, understand and also learn the UPSC IAS Syllabus but here also reading between the lines play an extremely significant part in the IAS Exam. The term”Indian Polity” from the UPSC IAS Syllabus is two words, but it means all of the past and current constitutional amendments, the Political system of India, including all of the major functionaries, the Judicial system in India and all the other associated topics.
IAS Syllabus Is the key for the IAS Exam since it determines the horizontal and vertical border of the IAS Exam and hence can be viewed as the chance for clearing the IAS Exam. Proper interpretations of IAS Syllabus can increase the odds of success in IAS Exam. UPSC IAS Exam has two phases but the candidates perceive it as a three-stage examination that are IAS Prelims, IAS Mains and IAS Interview. The IAS Syllabus for all the three phases of exam differs from one another and hence needs a deeper look to know the requirement of every phase of IAS Exam.
What is the exact include in this UPSC Syllabus 2019?
- In IAS Prelims, UPSC tests the analytical capability as well as the ability to comprehend the logic of their candidates.
- First is that the General Studies Paper I and the second is General Studies Paper-II.
- Both papers have the utmost time limit of 2 hours and the General Studies Paper-II, which is popularly called as IAS CSAT, is just qualifying in nature.
- IAS Main Exam Includes four general studies paper, two compulsory language paper,
- One Essay paper and two newspapers of Optional subject. It’s a descriptive sort of test and has totally increased the version of IA Prelims exam.
- UPSC Civil Services (IAS) Syllabus is among the vital elements of UPSC IAS Exam. A better comprehension of UPSC Civil Services (IAS)syllabi has to be a priority for IAS aspirants on the first day of IAS preparation.
- A much better strategy for IAS Exam could be made out just after the comprehension of UPSC Syllabus.
About UPSC Syllabus 2019
UPSC Civil Services (IAS) syllabus is so vast and it’s been designed in a manner so the IAS aspirant’s experience and proficiency in a variety of subjects can readily be assessed. The principal goal of this syllabus is to check the mental ability of IAS aspirants and their willingness to take care of the issues arising out in a society or in a nation as a whole. For this, an IAS aspirant needs a clear and coherent understanding of various issues which affect the masses in the nation.
Time to time, we provide better recommendations and each potential solution for the IAS aspirants so that they can get no difficulty when preparing for IAS Exam. For the novices, our approach and continued guidance will help them a lot to discover a better way to decode the IAS Exam.
The UPSC Civil Services (IAS) syllabus is split into three Segments in a line with the 3 stages of Civil Services IAS Exam i.e. IAS Chalk out the better strategy which could take less time to decode this enviable exam. Therefore, while performing IAS prep, an IAS aspirant should maintain the syllabus Beside them so that they can avoid the irrelevant issue by selecting up the most applicable
The Civil services exam is conducted in three phases:
- Phase 1: Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type)
- Phase 2: Civil Services (Mains) Examination (Descriptive Type)
- Phase 3: Personal Interview (Personality Test)
Phase 1: UPSC Prelim syllabus
Download the PDF of UPSC Syllabus for Prelims (GS I & GS II)
Detailed IAS Prelim syllabus-
GS Paper I –
- Marks: 200
- Duration: 2 hours
|Subject-wise Division||Detailed Syllabus|
History of India and Indian
|Ancient History of India,|
Medieval History of India,
Modern History 1857 to 1947,
Indian National Movement
of India and
Concept of Physical
|Physical Geography |
Indian Polity and
|Union Executives |
Federalism in India
Indian Economy and
|Basic Principles of |
Social Schemes of Government
Social Development through
|5||Environment and Ecology |
of Environment and
|General Principles |
Climate Change and
Climate Summits and
|6||General Science |
Chemistry, Biology and
Science and Technological
|7||Current Events |
It covers all the events
of National and International
|Current Affairs |
Current Affairs with
As per the trend followed by UPSC in the last few years, more focus is on current affairs. The IAS aspirants must prepare every subject in a manner so that every happening related to the static part must be covered during the process of IAS preparation.
You can download here UPSC Prelim & mains Study material in PDF form-
- India after Independence by Bipan Chandra PDF
- Plassey to Partition by Sekhar Bandyopadhyay PDF Download
- International Relations by Pavneet Singh PDF Download
- GC Leong Geography latest edition Free PDF download
- Shankar IAS Environment PDF 6th edition
- A brief history of modern India by Rajiv Ahir pdf [Download]
UPSC IAS Syllabus for Prelims Exam 2019:
General Studies Paper II (CSAT) [Qualifying]
- Marks: 200 marks
- Duration: 2 hours
1. Reading Comprehension
2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem-solving ability
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
7. English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
8. Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
Phase 2: UPSC Syllabus for Mains
Download the PDF of UPSC Syllabus for Mains
Detailed IAS Mains syllabus-
IAS Main Exam2019 Syllabus
|Sl. No.||Name of Paper|| Syllabus||Marks|
|1||Essay Paper||Any Topic/Topics (Current issues)||250|
|2||GS Paper I||Indian Heritage and|
Culture, Indian History,
World History, World Geography,
Important Geophysical phenomena
|3||GS Paper II||Governance, |
Polity, Social Justice and
Statutory, regulatory and
Role of civil services in
India’s relation with
|4||GS Paper III||Technology,|
Indian Economy and
its various sectors
Land Reforms Inclusive
Growth Security and
|5||GS Paper IV||Ethics and Human Interface |
Attitude, Aptitude, Emotional
Public/Civil service value
Probity in Governance
Case study on above topics
|6||Indian Language |
| (i) Comprehension of given |
(ii) Précis Writing
(iii) Usage and Vocabulary
(iv) Short Essays
(v) Translation from English to the
language and vice-versa
Comprehension of given passages
Usage and Vocabulary
|8||Optional Paper I||As opted by Candidate||250|
|9||Optional Paper II||As opted by Candidate||250|
List Optional Subject in IAS Exam 2019
The List of Optional Subjects is as follows:
(ii) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
(vi) Civil Engineering
(vii) Commerce and Accountancy
(ix) Electrical Engineering
(xvi) Mechanical Engineering
(xvii) Medical Science
(xx) Political Science and International Relations
(xxii) Public Administration
Literature of any one of the languages such as Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, English.
Phase 3: IAS Interview/UPSC Personality Test (275 Marks)
- Candidates who qualify the UPSC Mains Exam will be called for the ‘Personality Test/Interview’. These candidates will be interviewed by a Board appointed by the UPSC.
- The objective of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in the civil services by a board of competent and unbiased observers.
- The interview is more of purposive conversation intended to explore the mental qualities and analytical ability of the candidate.
- The Interview test will be of 275 marks and the total marks for written examination is 1750. This sums up to a Grand Total of 2025 Marks based on which the final merit list will be prepared.