Maulana Azad Scholarship 2020
Maulana Azad Education Foundation provides “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship‘ to the meritorious girl students who belong to one of the six communities (Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains). also, MAEF gives fellowship as known as the Maulana Azad Scholarship.
University Grant Commission (UGC) provides Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF) to the students of six minority communities. The final date to submit online application is December of each year. Candidates may apply online through the official portal of UGC.
About Maulana Azad Scholarship
Girl students from course 9th to 12th are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The yearly family income of the student shouldn’t be more than INR two lakhs. Candidate should have passed the qualifying exam minimum 50% marks from a recognized institute. Girl students studying in class 9th and 10th will get INR 5000 each annually and studying in class 11th and 12th will get INR 6000 each annually.
Candidates are supplied five-year fellowships in the shape of financial assistance that are analyzing M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in India. The yearly family income shouldn’t exceed INR 2.5 lakhs.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’s amount is split into two parts:
1. Class 9th and 10th- Class 9th and 10th class students are provided the quantity of INR 5000 annually
2. Class 11th and 12th- Class 11th and 12th are provided a scholarship of INR 6000 each year.
Maulana Azad Fellowship of INR 25000 a month is offered to JRF Students for two-year and INR 28000 to SRF Students for the remaining tenure. UGC has adjusted different pupil amounts for Humanities, Social Science and Commerce, Science and Escorts/Reader Assistance.
Eligibility for Maulana Azad Scholarship 2020-21
The following are eligibility requirements for Maulana Azad Scholarships:
|Scholarship name||Required Eligibility|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||1. This scholarship scheme is for minority girl students only who study from Class 9th to 12th|
2. Minority communities – Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains are eligible
3. Candidates must have passed the previous qualifying examination with at least 50% marks.
4. The annual family income of the student must not be more than INR 2 lakhs per annum.
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship||1. Candidates must be from six minority communities – Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains|
2. Candidate must submit minority community certificate
3. Candidate should be registered for full-time M.Phil/Ph.D. course from a recognized university
4. Candidate must have passed Master’s degree with minimum 50% marks
5. Transgender candidates can also apply for this fellowship
6. The annual family income of the students must not exceed INR 2.5 lakhs per annum.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Amount Distribution
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’s amount is divided into two parts: one for class 9th and 10th and another for class 11th and 12th. Class 9th and 10th class students are provided the amount of INR 5000 per year and students of class 11th and 12th are provided a scholarship of INR 6000 per year.
Fellowship of INR 25000 per month is provided to JRF students for two-year and INR 28000 to SRF students for remaining tenure. UGC has fixed different scholarship amounts for Humanities, Social Science and Commerce, Science and Escorts/Reader Assistance.
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Amount|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||Class 9th and 10th: INR 5000 per annum|
|Class 11th and 12th: INR 6000 per annum|
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship||INR 25000 per month is provided for two-years (JRF) and INR 28000 per month (SRF) for rest of the tenure|
|Humanities, Social Science and Commerce: INR 10000 per annum for two-years and INR 20500 per annum for remaining three-years|
|Science: INR 12000 per annum for two-years and INR 25000 per annum for remaining three-years|
|Escorts/Reader Assistance: INR 2000 per month in case of physically and visually challenged candidates|
Maulana Azad Scholarship Application Procedure
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Online Application Procedure
Listed below are the steps for filling the online form:
- Go to the official website of MAEF (Maulana Azad Education Foundation)
- then click on the link for registration for a scholarship.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Required Documents
- Income certification issued by the competent authority
- Passport size picture
- School Verification Form
Note: The scholarship amount will be credited directly to the Beneficiary Bank Account via DBT mode.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Online Application Procedure
Steps to use online are:
- Go to the official site of UGC
- go the section for Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
- Fill the form completely and attach the necessary documents.
- Click submit.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Required Documents
- Caste Certificate
- Physical or Visually Occupational Certification
- Research work
- Scholarship/Current Employment
Maulana Azad Scholarship 2020 Last Date
|Name of Scholarship||Last Date to Apply|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||September 30, 2020|
|Maulana Azad National Fellowship||December 2020 (Tentative)|
Also check this- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020-21
Maulana Azad Scholarship Selection Procedure
The choice to ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’ is completed on the basis of their financial need of the student.
- The obtained online application will be evaluated by a committee constituted by UGC.
- The expert committee will decide eventually who will find the fellowship.
- Award Letter will be provided to the chosen candidate that may be downloaded.
- The scholarship awardee is needed to join fellowship from 1st April of the election year.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Advantages
Pupils who obtained eligible under Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship can Find the scholarship amount after their cost on admission and tuition or course fee and maintenance allowance
- For women studying in Class 9 and 10: INR 5,000 every
- For women studying in Class 11 and 12: INR 6,000 every
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Advantages
- Students will get a monthly stipend of INR 25,000 for the first two years as a Junior research fellow (JRF).
- Students will get a monthly stipend of INR 28,000 for the remaining 3 years as a Senior research fellow (SRF).
- A contingency grant of INR 10,000 (for first 2 years) and INR 20,500 (for the remaining 3 years) per annum for Humanities & Social Sciences and Commerce.
- A contingency grant of INR 12,000 (for first 2 years) and INR 25,000 (for the remaining 3 years) per annum for Science.
- An escorts/reader help of INR 2000 a month (for visually and physically challenged candidates).