MOMA Scholarships (Ministry Of Minority Affairs)
MOMA scholarships are minority scholarships that are initiated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Beneath the MOMA scholarship scheme, Students belonging to the minority communities of Christian, Buddhist, Jain, Muslim, Sikh, and Zoroastrian (Parsi) can avail Pre-matric scholarships, Post-matric scholarships and Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses. The winners of those national minority scholarships get a scholarship amount of around Rs. 20,000 per annum.
The Government of India is planning to disburse 5 Lakh scholarships under the post-matric scholarship scheme, 30 lakh scholarships under the pre-matric scholarship scheme, and 60,000 scholarships under merit-cum-means scholarship for professional in addition to technical courses at the graduate or postgraduate level.
MOMA Scholarship 2020:
Under MOMA Scholarship there are 3 kinds of scholarship which are clarified as under.
2.Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
3.Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship for Technical Courses CS and Expert
1. Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
Initiated in the pre-matric degree to encourage the analysis by minority students, the scholarship awards course 1 to 10 pupils around Rs. 600 monthly. So as to qualify for this pre-matric minority scholarship, the household earnings of candidates shouldn’t exceed Rs. 1 Lakh and shouldn’t be less than 50 percent in the prior final exam.
2. Post-Matric Scholarship
Under the system of Post-Matric Scholarship, minority students may apply for Ph.D. in class 11. The household revenue of the candidates shouldn’t exceed Rs. 2 Lakhs and their marks or equal levels shouldn’t be less than 50 percent in the previous final examination. This national minority pupil’s preferred students get a scholarship amount of around Rs. 10,000 annually together with a maintenance amount of around Rs. 1200 a month.
3. Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Technical Courses
Beneath the MOMA system, the Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship is meant for students wishing to pursue technical or professional courses in the graduate or graduate degree. The chosen learners get a scholarship amount of around Rs. 20,000 each year. The family earnings of the candidates should not exceed Rs. 2.5 Lakhs under this federal minority scholarship. Additionally, so as to be eligible for this minority scholarship, applicants must have scored at least 50 percent marks in their past closing examination.
MOMA Scholarship Important Dates
|Name of scholarships||Last date to apply for the scholarship|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities||15 October 2020|
|Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities||31 October 2020|
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS||31 October 2020|
MOMA Scholarship Schemes for Minorities
In the form of admission, course/tuition fees, and maintenance allowance, the learners chose for these minority scholarships receive economic support for the entire course. Students are provided the maintenance allowance in an academic year for a period of 10 months. The details of the amount of the scholarship are outlined below.
|Class 6 to 10||Admission fee||Rs.500 per year subject to actuals (for day scholars and hospitals)|
|Class 6 to 10||Tuition fee||Rs.350 per month subject to actuals (for day scholars and hospitals)|
|Class 1 to 5||Maintenance allowance||Rs.100 per month (for day scholars)|
|Class 6 to 10||Maintenance allowance||Rs.600 per month (for hospitals) Rs. 100 per month (for day scholars)|
MOMA Post Metric Scholarships for Minorities
- For Technical and Vocational classes (Class 11 and 12 levels) — Entry & course/tuition fee has to be an amount of INR 10,000 annually subject to actuals (for both hostels and day scholars).
- For UG and PG level — Entry & tuition fee has to be an amount of INR 3,000 (for both hostellers and day scholars) annually subject to actuals.
- For Class 11 and 12 including both vocational and technical classes — the Maintenance allowance has to be an amount of INR 380 per month INR 230 a month (for day scholars). INR 230 a month (For day scholars).
- For UG & PG degree (For technical classes and other Professional classes ) — the Maintenance allowance has to be an amount of INR 570 per month INR 300 a month (for hostellers). INR 300 a month (For day scholars). & Ph.D. — Care allowance has to be a sum of INR 1200 a month (For hostellers). INR 550 a month (For day scholars)
- To apply for federal minority scholarships, learners belonging to minority groups must study transparently in India at a state or private institution selected and notified by the State / Union Territory Administration involved. The details of the requirements for eligibility are summarized below.
MOMA Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
- Educational Qualification: Students are required to study in class 1 to 10. Students must have scored in the previous final exam have marks of at least 50 percent.
- Family Income: The annual family income must not exceed INR 1 Lakh.
Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
- Educational Qualification: Class 11 and 12 students are eligible under this system. Students who have been admitted to technical and vocational training courses at NCVT-affiliated ITI / Industrial Training Centers (classes 11 and 12) may also apply.
- Family Income: The annual family income must not be more than INR 2 Lakhs.
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Technical Courses CS and Professional
- Educational Qualification: Students who have been admitted at the graduate or postgraduate level to technical/professional classes are qualified to apply. In the previous final examination, students must have obtained not less than 50 percent marks.
- Family Income: The annual family income must not be more than INR 2.5 Lakhs from all sources.
MOMA Scholarship Application Procedure
You can apply online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) if you are eligible for any of these minority scholarships. Follow the measures below to fill out the application form for a minority scholarship.
- First, by giving the right data, the fresh candidates must register as a new customer on the NSP Portal.
- It is recommended to maintain all the required records with the candidates while applying for their required system of scholarship.
- In filling out the registration form, candidates are needed to provide data about their academic skills, Aadhaar number, school/college enrolment number, bank details, and the state of home.
- The application ID of the candidates is produced based on their state of residence. This application ID is also used on the NSP Portal as the’ Login ID’ and future references.
- The applicants must also pick the appropriate category of scholarship under which they apply. For example, when filling out the form, an applicant studying in class 1 to 10 must select the pre-matric scheme.
- Details such as the name of the applicant, date of birth, email ID, details of identification and mobile number must be thoroughly filled out.
- After the registration form has been completed, an OTP is produced using which the applicant must log in and fill out the application form for the scholarship. Applicants must upload the document they need.
MOMA Scholarship – Instructions About Bank Details
- The candidates must pick closely from the drop-down list the name of their bank/branch.
- It is recommended that students first get their bank account number and IFS code checked by their bank branch involved and then provide the right account number when applying for MOMA scholarships.
- The scholarship will be canceled in case of the wrong account amount.
- Students are required to verify their’ Know Your Customer’ (KYC) status. If necessary, they must get it done in their account for the effective disbursement of the sum of the scholarship.
- The bank account has to be in the applicant’s name.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs will not be liable for transaction failure.
MOMA Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The candidates must adhere to a few terms and conditions when applying for these minority scholarships. Some of the details are outlined below.
- Thirty percent of the scholarships are reserved for girls from each minority group in a State / UT. In case of a shortage of female candidates, the scholarships may be transferred to the male candidates of the same community.
- The scholarship intended for minorities would receive no more than two learners from a family.
- Students must attend the class on a regular basis.
- In the event of any breach by the student of the discipline of the institute/school or of any circumstances of the scholarship, the scholarship may be canceled or suspended.
- To acquire a scholarship, the applicants must not provide any incorrect data as it would lead to the cancelation of the scholarship. If the scholarship amount has been paid to the applicant, it will be recovered by the State / UT government concerned.
- Through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), applicants obtain their scholarship quantity straight into their bank account.
- Candidates can not take advantage of any other system of scholarships if they obtain advantages from the system of MOMA scholarships.