Ramesh Singh Indian Economy for Prelims and Mains needs different approaches. Mains syllabus specifically mentions about some aspects of Indian Economy like issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment, Government Budgeting, cropping patterns, Public Distribution System, Technology missions, Food processing, Land reforms, Liberalization, Infrastructure and Investment models.
If we examine the questions related to Indian Economy section for Prelims and Mains, the pattern and nature of questions will become more clear. Conceptual understanding of economics and Indian Economy is a must for answering most of the questions. Ability to apply the economic concept in current economic scenarios is also needed.
Preparation Book List
• Geography Class 12 (India ) Chapter 1 (Population)
• Economics for Class 9—Ch2 (population as a resource, human resource development)
• Geography Class 12 (India: People and Economy ) Ch3 (Human development)
• Economics for Class XI (Indian Economic Development)—Chapter 5( Human capital)
Poverty & inclusion
• NCERT Economics for Class 9—Ch. 3 (Poverty & inclusion)
• NCERT Class XI– Ch. 4 (poverty)
• NCERT Economics for Class XI (Indian Economic Development)—Ch. 9 (sustainable development)
• NCERT Geography (Class XII)—India: People and Economy
o Ch.9 (Sustainable development and planning)
Economic survey 2012-13.
• Current Affair of Economics
GS3—Economy- NCERT 11; 12th (India People and Economy); Economic Survey; SRIRAM’s IAS Notes; Sanjiv Verma book
12th Five year Plan (Selected chapter); 2nd ARC( Strengthening Financial Mgmt Systems)
Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh 9th edition PDF :Due to Copyright[Not Available]
Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh 10th edition PDF :Due to Copyright[Not Available]